Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Kristallnacht, Nov. 9, 1938


Rabbi Gerd:
"They had us line up five abreast in the street... then they called all the populace, to tell the World that it was not the Nazis, that it was the plain people."

"They asked my mother where my my father was; she didn't know, or didn't want to tell them, so they shot her."


Hedi (Politzer) Pope:
"I walked around quite a bit; I must have known that, one day, I would have to talk about it."
"There was no authority that you could report to.  That was was the awful thing: this was accepted, that they were supposed to do that."



Fritz Gluckenstein
"First store,, broken windows, I thought maybe an accident, who knows; and a little further, another one, that's strange; and with the third store, I realized something had happened."

No comments:

Post a Comment